BlogPingSite.com

Saturday, April 13, 2013

USB Flash Drive Force Format Tool

 I take  a 16GB usb flash drive from shop. This flash drive is just a standard pen drive without any lock switch which is used so that the flash drive is in "read only" mode. But when I tried to copy some files from the computer to the flash drive there is an error message saying that the flash drive is in read-only mode.

I tried unplugging the flash drive from the USB port and then plug it again, this time the error message is "You need to format the disk in drive G: before you can use it - Do you want to format it?". I tried to format it, but windows was unable to format my flash drive and error message "The disk is write protected" appears.

Luckily I found a tool to format the flash drive called "FAT32 Format". With this software you can force format your USB flash drive. Follow the steps below:


Step 1:
Download FAT32 Format Tool GUI  Download (Mirror) 72KB
For Transcend users, you may use Transcend JetFlash Online Recovery

Step 2:
Double click to open the tool > Select a drive to format > type something in Volume label > click Start to force format your USB flash drive. -
Make sure you choose the right drive before clicking the start button
I finally got round to doing a Windows GUI version of fat32format.
and Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment